Customer privacy is important to Point2Point Global. We care, and we know you care, about how your personal information is used and shared. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously. Simply put, we treat our customers’ data, the way we handle our own personal data, with respect.
- Complies with data protection laws.
- Protects the rights of staff, customers, and partners.
- Openly documents how we store and process an individual’s data.
- Protects customers and partners from the risks of data breach.
This policy applies to Staff, Customers, and Partners of Point2Point Global, LLC located at 743 Main Street, Suite 3, Tewksbury MA, 01876.
Website and Marketing Data Manager: Ben Durand, Managing Partner
Finance and Accounting Data Manager: Gary Harnum, Managing Partner
Operations Data Manager: Mark Driscoll, Managing Partner
IT Data Manager: James Leung, Cross-Border Innovation
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the collection of your personal data by Point2Point Global, please contact us by phone 1-888-744-7932, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Point2Point Global, 743 Main Street, Suite 3, Tewksbury MA 01876.
Personal data is specific information relating or factual characteristics relating to a certain natural person or natural person who can be identified. For example, this includes a name, an identification number, an address, or a telephone number. Types of personal data we collect may include: Contact Information, e.g. name, email, and telephone number. Shipment Information, e.g. physical delivery address, product details, invoice and billing information. Although we make every effort to limit access, we are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information that is in plain view on a package or letter. Government Information, e.g. tax or national identification numbers when legally required to complete delivery.
|ACTIVITY||PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||LAWFUL BASIS|
|Newsletter subscription||Providing you with information about our products and services||Consent/Legitimate interests|
|Contact us||Providing you with information about our products and services||Consent/Legitimate interests|
|Using chat feature||Providing you with information about our products and services||Consent/Legitimate interests|
|Receiving job instructions via email||
|Receiving job instructions via API||
|Receiving a quote request via email||
|Communicating service delays and industry news||
The primary purpose and legal basis for collecting information about you is to obtain information necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party to (e.g. delivery of parcels and mail) and to administer services or provide information about our services (e.g. sales support, customer service, technical support). All data collected is used to provide you with the best experience possible and to ensure you enjoy and can easily navigate the Point2Point Global website and services.
Information collected automatically by cookies, social media, and embedded scripts. When you visit our web pages, our web servers always temporarily save, for security purposes, the connection data of the computer connecting to our site, a list of the web pages that you visit within our site, the date and duration of your visit, the identification data of the type of browser and operation system used as well as the website through which you linked to our site. Additional personal information such as your name, address, or e-mail address is not collected unless you provide this data voluntarily, e.g. while completing an online contact form, as part of a registration, survey, competition, fulfillment of contract or an information request.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website. They can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. If you decide not to accept Cookies the website may lose some functionality. To review your cookies settings, please follow the following relevant links:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Social Media. Our Site includes social media features such as the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- Embedded Scripts. Embedded scripts are programming codes designed to collect information about your interactions with our website, such as the links you click. The code maybe temporarily downloaded onto your device from a web server or a Third Party service provider, and is active only while you are connected to the website.
- Analytics. When you browse or use our Site, we utilize commonly-used logging and analytics tools, including Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Point2Point Global will not give or sell your personal data to any third party. Point2Point Global may transmit your personal data to third parties without additional notice to you in certain circumstances, such as internal or external service providers or suppliers contracted by Point2Point Global to provide delivery services on your behalf. Point2Point Global only processes personal data on specific instructions from the controller and will inform the controller if we believe said instruction infringes on the GDPR (28.3). In other words, as a data processor we will not opportunistically use or mine personal data for purposes not outlined by the data controller. Your personal data will only be transmitted to companies who are obliged to observe data privacy and who abide by the relevant legislation in the processing of your data. For any such transfers, Point2Point Global takes necessary contractual measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection.
Data is deleted once data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Point2Point Global will determine the length of time information is needed to provide contracted services. Export data will need to be kept for up to 6 years or longer. We need to retain export data for our own accounting, legal, and tax purposes.
In terms of data used for marketing, we will keep this data for as long as we are marketing to you. If you withdraw consent, or opt out of communications, we will keep contact details only to ensure we cease our marketing contact.
Point2Point Global shall implement and maintain adequate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security that protects your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
Point2Point Global respects the fundamental rights and freedoms of data subjects. GDPR increases the privacy rights of the data subject. Under this regulation you have the right to the following:
- To be informed about and to gain access to your personal data (Right to be informed and Right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR)
- Correction of inaccurate personal data (Right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR)
- Deletion of your personal data. (Right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR)
- To restrict processing (Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR)
- Data portability. The right to move, copy, or transfer personal data provided to us (Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR)
- To object to processing data on grounds relating to your particular situation based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (Right to object according to Art. 21)
We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of your request.