Global Commerce

Three eCommerce Words of The Day: Omni-channel, Retail Ecosystem and Digital Transformation

By |2019-02-28T13:30:54-05:00February 28th, 2019|Global Commerce|

As online shopping has boomed, e-commerce retail has evolved. New businesses have emerged to provide services and solutions to retailers selling directly to consumers on websites and online marketplaces. As a result, buzzwords such as omni-channel, retail ecosystem and digital transformation have been coined to explain new directions and developments in the industry. James [...]

What’s New in Cross-Border Shipping for 2019? Experts Weigh In…

By |2019-01-09T11:53:36-05:00January 9th, 2019|Global Commerce, Technology Trends|

2018 was another record-breaking year for cross-border shopping fueled by international shopping events including Amazon Prime Day and Single’s Day.  With sales at an all-time high, online shopping has placed a spotlight on an essential part of the customer experience, shipping. As we close out 2018, we look ahead to what retailers and their [...]

Don’t Let Canada Post Strikes Be a Lump of Coal in Your Stocking

By |2018-11-13T11:46:16-05:00November 12th, 2018|Global Commerce, News|

It's beginning to look a lot like... Canada Post's rotating strikes will continue through the holidays. Canada is one of the largest cross-border markets for U.S. eCommerce retailers. 56% of foreign purchases made by Canadians come from the U.S. as estimated in PayPal’s Cross-Border Transactions Merchant & Consumer Comparison USA Report[1]. As one would [...]

Gen Z Goes Shopping. Young Online Shoppers Demand Freedom to Choose.

By |2018-10-26T07:33:48-05:00October 24th, 2018|Global Commerce|

Until now, Gen Z, the group of people born between 1996 and 2010, have not had enough disposable income to be a priority for most marketers. But this group is growing quickly in size and buying power. Today, about 63 million members of Gen Z live in the US, making up 25% of the U.S. population. In [...]

Shop ‘Til You Drop! The Top 3 Global eCommerce Shopping Events

By |2018-11-09T16:18:38-05:00September 12th, 2018|Global Commerce|

Some of my friends shop online like it’s a paying job. With sales and promotions being offered year round, who can blame them? But at what time of year do shoppers find the very best deals? Traditionally it’s been November and December when most retailers lower prices to rake in over 20% of their [...]

US Earns Silver for Online Shopping but Which Country Takes the Gold?

By |2018-11-09T16:34:39-05:00August 27th, 2018|Global Commerce|

Ever wondered which country reigns supreme as shoppers around the world are busy clicking and buying on their desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones? Online shopping is on the rise worldwide: 63 percent of people shop online at least once a month 23 percent shop online at least once a week And, almost two-thirds of [...]

Delivery Is A Differentiator

By |2018-11-09T16:36:55-05:00June 25th, 2018|Global Commerce|

Some say that online commerce is still in its infancy. However, you wouldn’t think so, being amongst over 10,000 attendees teeming within Chicago’s McCormick Place during this year’s Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibit (IRCE). In attendance was eTailing Group’s Lauren Freedman, an industry leader with over 25 years of experience in retail strategy consulting, [...]

Are You a 1%’er?

By |2018-11-09T16:12:07-05:00May 30th, 2018|Global Commerce|

It’s truly great to be a 1%'er. You’re doing things right if you’re part of the 1% of U.S. businesses conducting cross-border eCommerce, especially considering that e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 4.88 trillion US dollars by 2021, according to data from So what’s holding the other 99% of U.S. businesses back? [...]

Time to Go Global

By |2018-11-09T16:14:06-05:00May 18th, 2018|Global Commerce, Technology Trends|

Want to jump into in the Global sandbox? It’s pretty fun in here, we must admit, and today there’s lots of room to play when it comes to global eCommerce. Specifically, cross-border transactions. If you take a look at numbers from the latest report by Elliot CEO, Sergio Villaseñor, titled Cross Border Ecommerce: The [...]